Saturday, April 25, 2009











OK take 2!

last night i went into huge detail on here about the funeral and the property etc then when I pressed publish my computer must have thought I meant demolish.. It has gone!

So I will rewrite but in brief.

Wednesday we had the funeral for the family we lost on Black Saturday.
It has taken so long because we have been waiting on DNA to confirm it was them as they were not able to be viewed and because of the massive backlog they had from that day it took just over 2 months. A long 2 months at that.
the funeral was very long but I suppose with 4 people that was to be expected but it was also a great tribute to them. We all laughed and cried. We remembered the good and the bad and I realised how lucky I was to have them in my life.
grandma... You were a rock. A typical Aussie to whom family was everything. Even though I am not yours by blood that never mattered to you, you were there for me where my own grandparents were not. Uncle Donny.... The thing I remember most as a young child was coming up and seeing you sitting is your 'spot' outside the woodshed, nothing would faze you much, You were best described on Wednesday as the Aussie version of Jed Clampet.. So true!!
Uncle Bucky.... I will always remember your ' No little people rule' so funny, you were the one waiting and looking forward to our visits the most and who had more fun? The 'little people ' or you??? auntie Cheri..... I can never remember you not there with your smile that could warm anyone even the hardest person. You had a heart of gold.

After the service my cousins , brothers and I decided to go to the property for a goodbye our style, then to the local pub they loved so. I was amazed at the extent of the damage and also at the green already pushing itself through. I will post a couple of pics of the house, or whats left of it and the property. I am very glad I went up there and now we have said a proper good bye we can have some closure.
thank you everyone, and to all you wonderful VP ladies, You have made such a tragedy almost bearable. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Love Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment